Frequently Asked Questions
CAN YOU TRAVEL TO ME FOR MY MAKEUP APPOINTMENT?
- Yes, J.MARIE Pro Makeup does not have a makeup studio. We will come to you for all of your makeup needs. All travel inside a 30 mile radius of the makeup artist’s home has no fee. Anything over the 30 mile radius will be charged $25 per artist, per hour for both directions.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT FOR MY MAKEUP TRIAL-RUN?
- J.MARIE Pro Makeup Artistry provides mobile, on-site makeup services. We will come to you for all your makeup needs!
- Trial-runs can take up to 3 hours.
- For better understanding of the look you are going for, e-mail your desired makeup looks to us and a photo of yourself without makeup before your trial. Otherwise, be sure to bring them to your appointment.
- At the trial-run, wear a shirt that matches the color you will be wearing for your special occasion to see how your makeup will look against your wardrobe the day of.
- Together, we will create your perfect look until you are satisfied based off what you like, your special occasion colors/theme and your most flattering facial features. We will discuss all necessary details of your special day, what makeup you normally wear and any ideas you have.
- Before and after photos will be taken to see the difference the makeup made and as a reference for your makeup artist. In your bridal contract, there is a photo release consent form in which you can allow or prevent J.MARiE Pro Makeup Artistry to use your photos for advertising purposes.
- There will be a contract to sign and a non-refundable $100 deposit due at the trial-run to reserve your special day. If you would like to see the contract beforehand, we can email it to you!
IF AFTER YOUR TRIAL, YOU DECIDE YOU DO NOT WANT TO BOOK J.MARIE PRO MAKEUP ARTISTRY, INSTEAD OF PAYING THE $100 DEPOSIT, YOU WOULD PAY $75 (THE PRICE OF A SINGLE MAKEUP APPLICATION).
WHEN DO I PAY MY REMAINING BALANCE?
- The remaining balance, after the deposit, is due on the day of or before your special occasion. Payments will be accepted in cash, check or card. All cards are accepted.
DO YOU OFFER TRIALS OUTSIDE OF BRIDES?
- Yes, trials are available to anybody who wants one. It is $175 for one, on-location trial-run with airbrush makeup and false lashes if desired. A makeup touch-up kit will also be received including lip-gloss and high-definition blotting powder.
WHAT IF I’M RUNNING LATE TO MY MAKEUP APPOINTMENT?
- There is a $25 fee for every 30 min of delay when client is late for makeup services.
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
- In the event client makes a cancellation, client will lose the deposit made to artist as it is non-refundable.
DO YOU OFFER GROUP DISCOUNTS?
- There are no discounts offered for groups.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO SERVICE THE BRIDE AND THE BRIDAL PARTY ON THE WEDDING DAY?
- Makeup for the bride will take 1 to 1 ½ hours. Bridesmaids and anyone else getting makeup will take 45 minutes to an hour.
WHAT IS IN THE BRIDE’S TOUCH-UP KIT?
- Brides will receive a makeup touch-up kit the day of your wedding including lip color and high-definition blotting powder.
HOW FAR IN ADVANCE SHOULD I BOOK YOUR MAKEUP SERVICES?
- Dates book up fast. We would recommend booking your day as early as possible.
WILL YOU BOOK ANOTHER WEDDING ON THE SAME DAY AS MINE?
- If we have booked another wedding on the same day as yours I will have already discussed it with both wedding parties to ensure timing doesn’t conflict.
DO YOU HAVE A MINIMUM NUMBER OF PEOPLE REQUIRED FOR MAKEUP TO BOOK YOUR SERVICES?
- All weddings outside the 30 mile radius of the makeup artist’s home will be required to book no less than 3 people including the bride for makeup services on your wedding day. Weddings inside the 30 mile radius do not have a minimum number of people required.
DO YOU SELL MAKEUP?
- No, J.MARIE Pro Makeup does not sell any makeup or skincare products.
WHAT KIND OF FALSE LASHES DO YOU USE?
- We use either individual lashes or strip lashes. We have lashes that can create length, fullness or both so we can create a custom look that is right for you.
WHAT KIND OF MAKEUP DO YOU USE?
- We take pride in using quality professional grade products. One brand cannot make the best of every product, therefore, I use many different brands to be able to provide you with the best possible makeup services for your special needs. To name a few brands in my kit… Makeup Forever, Smashbox, Graftobian, Too Faced, MAC, Benefit, Urban Decay, Nars, Temptu, Ben Nye, Lorac and more!
WHAT IS AIRBRUSH MAKEUP?
- Airbrush is great for all skin types including sensitive skin. It’s light-weight, long lasting, paraben free and hypoallergenic. Airbrush makeup sprays a fine mist, so foundation can sit evenly on top of your skin rather than in it. It is smudge-proof and water-proof. It provides a more softened, diffused look that gives you the glow everyone wants. Airbrush makeup is the preferred makeup technique for weddings and special occasions. Airbrush makeup provides flawless coverage by minimizing skin imperfections while giving skin a beautifully natural looking finished result. All of my clients have the option to be airbrushed for a shine-free, flawless, long-lasting finish.
WHAT ABOUT SANITATION?
- Only professional grade products are used, and do not have known widespread allergens in them. Proper sanitation techniques are always used on all brushes and makeup products.
HOW MANY MAKEUP ARTISTS CAN BE PROVIDED FOR MY SPECIAL EVENT?
- J.MARIE Pro Makeup Artistry will make arrangements for as many makeup artists necessary to get your party ready on time. No party is too large to accommodate.
HOW LONG WILL MY MAKEUP LAST?
- Airbrush makeup is smudge-proof and water-proof. Everyone will be misted with a setting spray as well as primed. Our makeup applications are built to last for your entire day.
I WANT A PERFECT COMPLEXION ON MY SPECIAL DAY, ANY TIPS?
- I would recommend a facial or gentle extractions no later than 2 weeks before your event date. These treatments should be done well in advance in case damage control is needed… this goes for spray tans as well. It is always good to stick with the basics, wash your face daily and use an exfoliate 2-3 times per week. Always make sure to keep your skin hydrated properly by drinking the appropriate amount of water and by moisturizing your face twice a day. Last but not least… sleep is your friend, don’t skimp on that beauty rest!
WHAT IF I LOVE SOME OF MY OWN MAKEUP AND WANT TO USE IT FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
- Bring it! We will work it into your makeup application!